Add User in Crunchbang Linux
- Open a Terminal session and issue the “groups” command to determine what services the current User has access to – jot them down.
- In the Terminal session, issue the “adduser” command, replacing “xxxx” with the actual username to be added.
sudo adduser xxxx
Respond to the ensuing prompts as appropriate.
- Now add the services to the new user’s profile – for example…
usermod -a -G cdrom,floppy,sudo,audio,dip,video,plugdev,netdev,bluetooth,cbnetwork xxxx
- Now add the new user to the sudoeres file.
gksu geany /etc/sudoers
Scroll down to the line that reads “root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL” and add:
xxxx ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
Where “xxxx” is the new username. Then save and end.
- Log out and then log in as the new user. The “cb-welcome” script will run on your inital log in. No need to go through that again, so just quit it.
For more information please see: