Skip to content
- 1-1/2 lb Flat Iron Steak cut into 3 or 4 serving size pieces
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 can Beef Broth
- 1 tsp (heaping) Cornstarch
- McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Gravy Master
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Pat Steaks dry. Season steaks with McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning and Garlic Salt. Let stand for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium high heat until bubbly. Add Steak and saute 4 minutes (for medium rare) per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Chop one medium sized Onion.
- Saute Onion in the same skillet ( remove/add Olive Oil as needed) over medium heat; when translucent season with Garlic Salt. Add 2/3 can of Beef Broth. Set aside can with remaining 1/3.
- Increase heat to high and bring Onion and Broth to a boil.
- Add splash of Gravy Master to darken color.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce to taste.
- Add heaping teaspoon of Corn Starch to the remaining Beef Broth. Stir to mix well.
- Add Beef Broth and Cornstarch mixture to pan. Stir until gravy clarifies and thickens – about 1 or 2 minutes. Return Steaks to skillet. Reduce heat, simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, stir occasionally.