- 4 Chicken Legs, skinned
- 4 Chicken Thighs skinned
- 6 Italian (hot and/or sweet) Sausages
- 4 medium Onions cut in half
- 1 cup White Wine (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Pepper – preferably fresh gound
- Spread Chicken pieces on a strip of Wax Paper
- Sprinkle Seasonings on both sides
- Cut Sausage in half (about 1 1/2 inch lengths)
- Heat Olive Oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- When Oil is hot add 1/2 the Chicken and all the Sausage.
- Brown Chicken, about 6 minutes on each side. Remove and place in covered casserole dish. Repeat with remaining Chicken..
- Brown Sausage, turning every 3 minutes. Remove to casserole dish.
- Add onions, cut side down, with last batch of Chicken and remove to casserole when browned.
- Drain off drippings and discard.
- Add White Wine. Turn heat to high and deglaze skillet. Dissolve browned bits in the Wine.
- Return Meat and Onions to skillet. Cover and lower heat to simmer about 30 to 45 miuntes..
- Remove Meat and Onions to casserole dish.
- Turn up heat to high and reduce sauce 1/3. Pour over Meat and Onions.