This a savory delicious dish. The recipe calls for Baby Leaf Spinach. If you don’t have Spinach, just omit those last few step. You will not be disappointed.
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb Chicken Breasts, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 5 oz Baby leaf Spinach (optional)
- 1 can (14.5oz) Chicken Broth
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Coarse ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter, divided
- In a large flat-bottomed bowl, combine Flour, Garlic Salt, Thyme, and Black Pepper. Reserve 2 tbsp of mixture for the sauce.
- Dredge Chicken Strips through the Flour Mixture and place on a plate.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat EVOO and 1 tbsp Butter until bubbly. Add Chicken strips and saute until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt 1 tbsp of Butter over medium high heat. Add Onion, saute until Onion just begins to caramelize (about 3 to 5 minutes). Return Chicken to pan, stir.
- Use about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the Chicken Broth and the reserved Flour mixture to make a slurry. Set aside.
- Add remaining Chicken Broth to the skillet, bring to a boil. Stir occasionally
- Add Lemon Juice. Stir. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add Spinach and continue to simmer for 3 to 6 minutes (until Spinach is well wilted). Stir well at the half-way point.
- Serve with favorite Pasta, Egg Noodles, Rice Pilaf.