Skip to content
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded (or 2 slices) Swiss Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil.
- Place 1 slice of bread, olive oil side down into the skillet, and arrange the apple slices evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the apple, then top with the remaining slice of bread, olive oil-side up.
- Cook until the bread is golden brown, then flip the sandwich over, and cook until the other side is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 1 to 2 more minutes.