Skip to content
- 3/4 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup White Sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together Butter and White Sugar until light yellow and fluffy looking. Beat in the Egg and Molasses until well blended.
- In another bowl, sift the Flour; then combine Ginger, Cinnamon, Baking Soda and Salt; mix well. Pour into Molasses mixture and mix/stir to form the dough..
- Roll Dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each Ball in the remaining Sugar. Arrange Balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. (Do only one cookie sheet at a time.)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 or 6 minutes before removing, with a spatula, to a wire rack to cool completely.