- 8 to 24 lb Turkey, fresh or frozen
- 2 pkgs Arnold Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 pckg Jones Farm (cooked) All Natural Pork Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 sticks Butter, divided
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 2 to 6 cups Water, divided
|Weight||Number of Persons|
|8 to 12 lbs||6 to 8|
|12 to 16 lbs||8 to 12|
|16 to 20 lbs||11 to 13|
|20 to 24 lbs||13 to 16|
- Thaw turkey breast side up, in an unopened wrapper on a tray in the fridge (40 degrees F or below).
- Allow at least 1 day of thawing for every 4 lbs of turkey, e.g., 20 lb turkey – 5 days
- Keep turkey in original wrapper and place on tray.
- Use turkey within 4 days after thawing.
- On the day of roasting the turkey, remove turkey from the refrigerator one hour before placing it in the oven.
Remove wrapping. Take out giblet package and turkey neck. Rinse Turkey thoroughly with cold water. Drain and pat dry, inside and out. Place Turkey breast side up, on a flat racking a shallow roasting pan. Brush skin with melted butter (4 tbsp) and season with McCormick GrillMates Montreal Chicken seasoning (or your favorite poultry seasoning) . Add Wine and 2 cups of Water. Loosely tent with Aluminum Foil. Roast according to timetable below.
Roasting Time Table – 325F Oven
|Weight||Unstuffed (Hours)||Stuffed (Hours)|
|8 to 12 lbs||3 to 4||3.5 to 4.5|
|12 to 16 lbs||3.5 to 4.5||4.5 to 5.5|
|16 to 20 lbs||4 to 5||5.5 to 6.5|
|20 to 24 lbs||4.5 to 5.5||6.5 to 7|
Notes: Preheat oven to 400F; place Turkey in oven then reduce temperature to 325F. Do not stuff Turkey until ready to roast. Baste Turkey ever 45 to 60 minutes.Add more Water as needed. The Turkey is done when juices run clear and Turkey reaches an internal temperature of 180F to 185F.
In a large pot melt 1.5 sticks of cubed Butter at medium heat. Add Sausage slices and sauté a few minutes. Add Arnold Stuffing and 1.5 cups of Water. Mix thoroughly. Turn off heat.