- 2 (8 ounce) cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 can of Cannellini Beans (Goya Small White Beans / Habichuelas Blancas)
- 1 medium size sliced Onion
- 1 box of Tubettini or Ditalini
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Frozen Baby Peas (optional)
- In a 3 quart pot, saute Onion slices in olive oil until tender and translucent; then remove slices from the oil.
- While the oil is still hot, add the 2 cans of Tomato Sauce and 2 cans of water; bring this mixture to a boil.
- Next add entire can of Beans (and Baby Peas if desired) and bring the bean mixture to a boil.
- Now lower heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Letting the mixture sit and cool for a while will allow the Sauce and Beans to thicken nicely.)
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and cook the Pasta
- Add the Sauce and Bean mixture to the cooked Pasta.
- Serve with Grated Parmesan Cheese