Skip to content
- 6 Italian Sausage links (sweet, hot, or a mix)
- 4 to 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into eights
- 1 Green Pepper cut into large squares
- 2 Red Pepper cut into large squares
- 2 Onions cut into large squares
- 4 Garlic Cloves sliced
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 4 oz Marsala Wine or Dry Sherry
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Mix Seasoning in a tiny bowl or cup. Save for later.
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat in a large pan that has a lid. Add Sausage links and brown slowly in covered pan. (If there is too much sizzle, reduce heat.)
- Half way through cooking the sausage, add the Potatoes encircling the Sausage. Periodically stir Potatoes and rotate Sausages.
- When Sausages are browned remove from pan and set aside. When cooled a bit cut into eights. Meanwhile continue to occaisionally stir the Potatoes.
- Increase heat and add Peppers and Onions to pan. Toss, cover, and saute a minute or two.
- Add Garlic and Seasonings. Stir/Toss and cover and continue to saute for a couple of minutes.
- Return Sausage to skillet. Stir.
- Add Wine and scrape pan with wooden spoon to release all browned and blackened bits.
- Add Tomato Sauce, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 or 20 minutes stirring occaisionally.