- 2-1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 10 cups (2-1/2 qts) Chicken Broth
- 3 cups uncooked Medium (narrow) Egg Noodles
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 medium Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season both sides with Garlic Salt and Pepper; cut into large bite size pieces
- Over medium-high heat add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil in a 6 quart stock pot. Add Chicken pieces in batches and saute until cooked through. Remove from pot.
- Add Onions to pot and saute until translucent. Add Garlic and sauté another minute or so.
- Increase heat slightly, add Broth stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return Chicken to pot. Add Carrots, Bay Leaves and Thyme. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add Noodles; cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- Add Parsley and Lemon Juice; stir. Taste and test and add more Garlic Salt and/or Pepper if necessary
- Serve with grated Parmesan Romano cheese.
Prep Time: 1-1/2 to 2 hours