Skip to content
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 4 cups peeled and cubed Potatoes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 3 cans (8 oz each) Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Water
- Grated Cheddar Cheese or American Cheese slices
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- In a Dutch Oven (6 qt. Stock Pot) brown Ground Beef over medium-high heat; add Onions and Garlic while sauteing; add Red Wine and Seasonings; continue to saute; add Potatoes.
- Increase heat slightly, add Tomato Sauce; when bubbly add Water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until Potatoes are tender and soup has thickened.
- If desired, use a Potato Masher or Egg Beater to breakup the cubed Potatos.
- Serve with grated Cheddar Cheese, or American Cheese slices..