Skip to content
|Prep 15 mins||Dutch Oven 1-1/4hrs||Total 1-1/2 hrs|
|Slow Cooker 5 to 6 hrs||Total 5-1/4 to 6-1/4 hrs|
- 1 pkg (16 ounces) Dried Green Split Pea
- 2 qts (64 ounces) Chicken Broth
- 2 cups (3 to 4) Potatoes, cubed
- 2 large Onions, diced
- 3 medium Carrots, chopped
- 2 cups (10 ounces) Cooked Ham, cubed (If you got a Ham Bone, great! Put it into the pot)
- 1 rib Celery chopped, or 2 tsp Dried Celery Flakes
- 2 tsp Poultry Seasoning or substitute with: 1 tsp Dried Marjoram, 1 tsp Sage, and 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a 6 quart Dutch Oven (Stock Pot with Cover) or 6 quart Slow Cooker / Crock Pot.
- If Dutch Oven, bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover; simmer 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until Peas and Vegetables are tender; stir every 10 to 15 minutes.
- If Slow Cooker, cook on high for 5 to 6 hours (until carrots and Potatoes are soft). Stir when midway through, then again at end of cooking.