a.k.a. Bratkartoffein (German Fried Potatoes)
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 Onions
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- splash of Dry Vermouth (or dry White Wine)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Cut Potatoes in half. Cut halves into 1/8 inch thick slices
- Coarse chop Onions
- In a large skillet, using medium high heat, add Butter and Olive Oil. When bubbly add Potato slices. Toss / turn Potato slices frequently. When Potatoes are soft and starting to turn golden brown remove to serving dish.
- Add chopped Onions and saute until slightly caramelized. Add splash of Vermouth (or Dry White Wine) and cook for another minute or two.
- Return Potatoes to skillet; mix well; cook for a few more minutes. Liberally season with Salt and Pepper (test taste). Return to serving dish and serve.