Roasting vegetables conjures up a very different flavor than steaming or microwaving. Below is my recipe for roasting delicious fresh vegetables. Please note that this technique can be used on other vegetables, as well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop florets off desired amount of fresh broccoli crowns.
- Peel and diagonally cut desired amount of fresh carrots.
- Drizzle olive oil over a baking dish or pan.
- Place carrots and broccoli in pan, try not to layer the vegetables so that they all cook evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- You may add pepper and dried chopped garlic flakes if you’d like. I love garlic so the more the merrier!
- Put baking dish uncovered in oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Broccoli should be a bit brown on the tips. Once you see that happening your vegetables are done.
- Enjoy the sweet crunch of your perfectly roasted vegetables!
Recipe by myhogan co-contributor (the younger and better looking family member), Laurie McCormack.