A MyHogan creation, gets its name from: one tablespoon Seasoning, two tablespoons Acid, and 3 tablespoons Oil Olive.
Use this simple principle to make a basic marinade whether for chicken, fish, pork, or steak. Just use the appropriate seasoning and acid ingredients for the type of meat.
Makes enough marinade for 1 or 2 pounds of meat or fish.
- 1 tbsp Seasoning: McCormick’s GrillMates Montreal Chicken or Steak; Szeged’s Chicken, Fish, Rib, or Steak Rub; Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Acid: for Chicken or Pork, use White Wine Vinegar; for Fish use Lemon Juice; for Steak use Red Wine Vinegar or even Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Wisk ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- Brush meat side of fish fillet with Marinade.
- Marinate Chicken, Pork or Steak at least 1 hour, the longer the better; Fish for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Discard left over marinade.
- Bake or grill as usual.
Rosemary Garlic Lemon Marinade – great for fish
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tblsp Lemon (RealLemon) Juice
- 3 tblsp Olive Oil
(Remember 3 teaspoons equals 1 tablespoon